Thursday, February 26, 2009

Am I crazy..?


Dear readers, (if any) Im sorry I havent been blogging much lately..
okay lets face it my life is boring and I am very lazy..
Anyway lately I have noticed so much going on in Ahmedabad..

so heres the story-

It was a lovely evening.. I decided to go for a walk with my neighbour cum friend himansha.. After a small walk around our area, we decided to have some panipuri.. After relishing the pani puri we decided to have a pani ka pouch( hehe)..

as soon as we finished I was looking for a dustbin and -it was nowhere to be seen..As I sighed and kept the plastic pouch in my pocket, my friend on the other hand started walking towards a pile of pouches lying there.. I was so happy that being with me she had understood the importance of a clean and green city..

As I raised my hand to pat myself on the back,

"PLOP"..

she threw it on the pile of pouches ...

grrrrr....

"himansha why did you throw it there..? you are making the city dirty you know" I fired..

" haan haan mother India.. ab chup reh.. vahan aur logon ne bhi to litter kiya hai.ek aur pouch se kya hoga?"

"someone else will think the same and before you know it , this place will be a huge pile of water pouches.. do you know plastic is so harmful to the environment.. agar hum ahmedabad ko clean nahi rakhenge to kon rakhega?" i snapped..

" yaar..paka mat" she said while messaging a friend..



This is the exact reason my readers that our city is so polluted today..

Someone throws something on the road, another person does the same and this goes on and on and on..

but the muncipality is equally wrong.. I say there should be atleast 1 dustbin in every 200 mts..

my dear readers, Since we follow trends so much why not start a new one where we always throw litter in a dustbin..? Its a very small thing and if everyone does it Im sure the world will be a better place to live in..

can't we do this much for our mother earth who has fed us and always taken care of us..?

when people around me do such things I feel really upset..

Is there something wrong with me or is the world really so selfish..?

I leave you with a touching song from micheal jackson called heal the world..



Heal The World

Make It A Better Place

For You And For Me

And The Entire Human Race

There Are People Dying, If You Care EnoughFor The Living

Make A Better PlaceFor You And For Me

Ashwini

2 comments:

Archana said...

i agree with u. litter really flips me out too

AsHwIni said...

thanks so much for the comment archana..
I totally agree with you..