Wednesday, March 11, 2009

See what you did to A.R Rahman..!!


ALL THIS was bound to happen..!


One fine day A R Rahman, who has been winning more than 11 filmfares, wins two Oscars and instead of making him feel happy about his achievement, we have made life hell for him..


A.R Rahman is My favourite musician since I was 5 years old.. Being a south Indian , I have listened to almost all of his songs.. I regard him to be my God.. :)


Okay coming to the point, He has given so many hits and has made music that has helped many of us connect to our inner self..!


some master pieces of Rahman like roja(chhoti si aasha), bombay,Khwaja mere khwaja,swades,dil se,lagaan, kannathil muthamittal, guru take my breath away..!


Have you all even heard Ye jo des hai tera or Jashne bahara or maybe even MAA TUJHE SALAAM???


Where were you all when he composed such songs..?? Why weren't you garlanding him and organising felicitations..??


Why didnt you stand outside his house then and wait for a glimpse of him..?


you know why? because you needed him to win (2!!) oscars for the country to prove himself to you that he is actually a maestro..!


now,everywhere you see you find- JAI HO, JAI HO, JAI HO..


I feel bad when I see how people are only talking only about his success after slumdog..!


He was always a genius..! I am not saying that the oscar means nothing to me..Yes.. I am very happy that he won such a prestigious award but so much hype being created about this is bad..


Now recently, it was reported that Rahman is unwell.. all because of the heavy workload and stress..


Is this how we congratulate someone..?


We must have created so much pressure in his life that when he wakes up in the morning , he must feel the pressure to perform well now.. To keep up this image of being the best musician ever(eventhough he always was).. To make music to please everyone, to prove people that he is not a one-hit musician..


..


will Rahman be the same maestro after all this we have done to him..??


this thought creeps me out..






3 comments:

Archana said...

I'm sure Rehman will appreciate your concern. I don't think he's the kind of guy who has ever bothered about awards. He will continue giving us amazing music so don't worry. God bless him! :)

Siddharth Mistry said...

good one...visit mine ...u will like it....

Binoy said...

Agreed... Its been long since rehman has been composing hit songs, but was not complemented until the international feliciation... v should have been the first ones to acknowledge him for his work. Ya he never worked for awards or to be famous, he just created music to his heart's content and he will keep on doing it, for many times to come...